Rebecca O’Brien is a Special Counsel Consultant to Phillips Family Law. Rebecca has practised exclusively in the family law field since 2008.
A disciplined, deliberative family lawyer who instinctively identifies, assesses and assists to minimise risks for people experiencing separation and divorce, Rebecca’s specialist areas in the family law field include:
– High Net Worth Property Settlement;
– Financial Agreements (in contemplation of, during marriage/de facto relationships and post-separation);
– Spousal Maintenance;
– Divorce, Matrimonial and De Facto Property Settlement;
– Parenting Arrangements (includes domestic and international relocation);
– Maintenance and Child Support.
Rebecca has co-authored several papers that have been presented in-house and at various legal symposiums – including Getting the Information: Discovery, Notice to Produce & Other Tactics; Bankruptcy and Family Law: The Interaction between Bankruptcy and Property Settlement Proceedings and Recent Developments in Case Law: Recent Decisions of the Full Court of the Family Court and Federal Magistrates Court on Prevailing Family Law Issues.
Rebecca is a graduate of the Queensland University of Technology (Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of International Business) and the College of Law (Queensland). She is also a professional member of the Family Law Practitioners’ Association of Queensland (FLPA) and the Law Council of Australia.
Contact us to arrange a discussion about how we can assist you.