Join our Team
Our people are our greatest asset, and together our collective goal is the pursuit of excellence.
Phillips Family Law has been recognised as a first tier Family Law firm in the category of Leading Family and Divorce Law Firms in Brisbane and as a Leading Family and Divorce Law Firm in Australia in the Doyles Guide to the Australian Legal Profession each year since 2019.
EXPERIENCED FAMILY LAW LAWYER / SENIOR ASSOCIATE
We have an opportunity for an experienced Family Law Lawyer at Senior Associate level to join our specialty Family Law practice in Brisbane working alongside recognised Accredited Specialists in Tony Phillips and Fiona Caulley, whilst being part of a collaborative team who are solutions focused and client centric.
We pride ourselves on our expertise, professional development and exposure to the complex and diverse aspects of family law. You will be supported by a high-performing and knowledgeable paralegal team, excellent technology systems, processes and precedents.
At Phillips Family Law we have big firm skills, coupled with the empathy and interpersonal skills to offer personalised and bespoke care to our clients.
The Phillips Family Law team is widely recognised by industry peers (Law Australiasia) and benchmarking publications, including the Doyle’s Guide.
Phillips Family Law – Leading Australian Family Law Firm 2015 – 2022 – Doyle’s Guide
Optimism and kindness – we embrace optimism. Each member of our team is optimistic, we love what we do and who we do it with. A third of our lives are spent together – we want to enjoy it.
High standards and pursuit of excellence - we expect excellence in all that we do.
Ownership & Drive – we believe trust is earned. To earn it from our clients and partners requires that we first earn it from one another. We do what we say and don’t require others to remind us of our commitments. We are accountable to one another and our clients.
Balance – we value an even mood, a healthy lifestyle and a schedule to maintain that balance. We pursue excellence in our professional life and personal lives and at Phillips Family Law we promote, fund and embrace wellness in nutrition, emotional wellbeing, and physical health.
Common-sense & Self-regulation – it is not something that is taught, but something that is learned in life. We self-regulate, pay attention to detail and execute every task with conscious considered thought.
Ideally our new Senior Associate will have
- A current unrestricted Australian legal practising certificate.
- At least 8+ years of family law experience (we may consider candidates with more or less experience).
- Strong knowledge in all aspects of family law (including separation, divorce, financial settlements, parenting and children arrangements, prenuptial and financial agreements, defacto and same sex relationships).
- Good understanding of law firm profitability and key drivers for maintaining profit models
- A proactive approach to your career development.
- A commitment to deliver an exceptional experience for our clients.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team
- An alignment to our values.
What we offer
- The opportunity to support clients with complex matters, whilst developing your expertise and collaborating with our highly skilled team.
- We recognise that the success of our business is underpinned by the experience and knowledge of our team, so we invest in our team’s professional and personal growth.
- We are dedicated to creating an exceptional experience for our clients and we value empathy and client service delivery.
- We understand and value the need for flexibility and accommodate around the requirements of the individual, team and the client.
How to Apply
If you have the desire to join a high performing team with a strong commitment to our values, plus the demonstrated experience across all facets of family law, we encourage you to contact us.
Please send your confidential application to email@example.com;
- Covering letter - detailing your cultural fit,
- Resume - listing your family law experience, and;
- 3 referees
Optimism and Kindness
High Standards and Pursuit of Excellence
Ownership & Drive
Common Sense & Self Regulation